View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 07:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanRich View Post
I know the title is subjective, but I’m looking to get a retune this summer as my exhaust set up has changed so I want to know how people feel about this combination. Is it worth the investment in terms of throttle response, sound and power gains? Is it a waste if not paired with ported TB’s and lower runners?

I’d really like an increase in induction noise and throttle response, so I’m curious to know if those who’ve made the leap are satisfied.
My 2 cents... first, we've got dozens if not hundreds of dynos showing gains from long tube intakes, and a fair number that show some kind of improvement from porting your upper manifold. We have much less data on ported TB's and lower runners (and what little data we do have on lower runners isn't all positive).

So if you're asking will you make power from these mods without TB's and ported lowers, yes you will. You may even notice a slight increase in air intake volume, but it won't be much. I could hardly hear my intakes except at WOT before I upgraded my exhaust, and I certainly can't hear it now.

It's your question about value that's the most subjective. I don't know - is it worth it for you? How much does the extra power matter? Personally, I loved what my upgrades did with a tune. Car drives WAY better than stock, and the tune greatly improved throttle response.