View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 11:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
marrawi
Base Member

Drives: 2015 370z A/T
marrawi is a jewel in the roughmarrawi is a jewel in the roughmarrawi is a jewel in the roughmarrawi is a jewel in the rough

Writing a very quick update, please forgive any typos, grammar errors.

I installed mine the process was pretty awful. The seats come with brass screws, which to me was a big surprise as brass is a softer metal for rust-resistance application. I thought they would know better so I moved on.

Neither the seats nor the seat mounts came with instructions, I know it's not rocket science and I have done it in my old Evo and a couple of times building a racing simulator. I also looked on their website and they have pretty lame instructions in there. I wanted to find what would be the recommended torque for the bolts that attaches the slides to the seat, was unable to find any. I looked for other seats including recaros and the recommended torque was 32 to 40 ft. I went with 32 put two bolts in and the third snapped broken in the seat. I went to Home Depot and I got a broken screw extractor, did it very carefully and I was finally able to remove the broken screw from the seat.

I also grabbed higher-quality anodized stainless steel M8 screws. I started unscrewing the other two that I have in to replace it with stainless steel ones, the 2nd screw also broke. Alas!

I went again to Home Depot, grabbed another extractor and did the same process that but one was torqued tight and I couldn't extract it so I had to drill the screw out and used a tap to restore some of the threads. I was able to mount the seat with that screw secured enough, about 25 ft torque.

Using stainless steel screws on the other, passenger, seat was pretty straightforward. I also got the airbag 360 for the weight sensor -- it works great. Be advised that you will also get a dash light, as the airbag 360 turns the weight sensor on, the passenger seat belt warning lights will be on unless the passenger seat belt is fastened.

The look and the quality of the seat is good. But this experience I had would not make me recommend or ever buy anyting of that brand again. I would totally spend the extra $500 to get recaros or other reputable brand.

For those who wonder about height, you will sit and little bit lower then the cloth, OEM, seat.
marrawi is offline   Reply With Quote