View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnThatZGuy View Post
Any notable differences between the two cars? I heard they added sound insulation etc...
I can probably compare apples to apples since both vehicles were the same trim/options and even to the color.

1. The auto is way quieter and road noise is less pronounced
2. The manual makes a lot of clutch/tranny chatter during idle, which my ‘07 350Z did as well
3. The manual uses a lot more gas, but I do have that much more fun with it than the auto
4. The auto made a winding down noise when I turned off the car and opened the door; the manual doesn’t do this.
5. The road noise in the manual is way more noticeable
6. I’ve noticed the strut bar in the engine bay is a bit higher in the manual than the auto.
7. I hate the DRLs
8. The trunk hatch is heavier on the ‘13 than the ‘09
9. There are more tubes in the way in front of the oil filter from what I am assuming is the oem oil cooler
10. I kinda miss the fangs on the front bumper. The current bumper looks like it’s smiling

I’m def glad I made the switch though.