Thread: Help Please!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 08:47 PM   #19 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcfromfl View Post
Why do you think your car ran OK for a few days after the swap, before the problem? Any ideas on the trigger?
I honestly have no idea. Other than the vacuum line to the BOV and removing the intercooler, literally no other air-carrying lines were even touched... A theory I have is maybe the MAF signal disparity was initially manageable but the addition of the 9lb pulley caused the imbalance to be too big? Maybe?

Even that I could argue you should see problems immediately following the install...

The other theory is that maybe the orientation of the coupling from the intercooler to the intake Y pipe is directing flow differently after removing and replacing the intercooler.
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote