Thread: Love
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 08:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Luke370
Base Member

Drives: 17 370z grey
Luke370 is on a distinguished road
Default Love

So i have had the Z now for a few months. Put 500 miles on it - just went over 1000 miles. Bought it with 500. Haven't had much time with it, just got married, travel a lot, etc. I am the one who wrote before that i have had enough Porsche's to last a life time. Got the Z to satisfy a toy itch but can no longer afford to play in Porsche world.

Initially - I fell in love with the car. Wow - it looks so good sitting there. Then, I fell sort of out of love with the car. Wasn't sure it was necessary, trying to rebuild my life after divorce, etc. Neither my EX nor my now current wife are into cars and I am. Makes it hard to have conversations because they don't understand. They don't see the need

Then I got to spend some seat time in the car again. Took it just this morning on an errand. Parked the car, started walking and turned around to look and BOOM. Fell back in love. What a pretty car. Very sinister color with the dark grey and black wheels. I feel like it is missing something. Maybe a black wrapped hood or a stripe or something. Just to set it apart. I guess in time I can figure that out. Would love to see your pics if you have done any graphics.

These cars are really cool. Not the fastest car i have ever driven, but when driving it - it is very manual, feels like a drivers car. I got to thinking about what this car will be in 10 years. 15 years, etc. It will be one of the last 330 HP, manual 2 seater sports cars you will be able to find (or so I think). That in itself lends me to even more love. Feels cool to be part of this. Its not a Porsche and i don't want that. I want something unique. This is really the best of all worlds. If anyone is reading this that doesn't have one of these cars yet - get one. Run, do not walk, and get one. It is worth every penny (and that penny stretches very far with this car).

Thanks for reading. I wish you all a wonderful, safe spring full of driving on twists and turns!

Todd
Luke370 is offline   Reply With Quote