View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 10:52 PM   #58 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute

Bringing this back to life! This DIY was amazing, enabled me to just do my clutch flywheel and CSC with relatively little difficulty!

However, on the home stretch now, and reinstalling that infernal crank position sensor. I CANNOT for the life of me determine if it is installed right. It looks like something is missing... the hole is bigger than the sensor, and no gasket?!? I didn’t take a picture before removal as it was outlined as a single bolt and pull out, which I did.

But there is no gasket or O ring even that I can find anywhere, and the fit looks like something should be there ‘sealing’ things, no?

Literally just have the plastic sensor itself and the screw.
This is how it looks installed right now:

What am I missing?