Thread: 155 mph
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 08:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
-ZS-Carpenter
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 370z 6MT
-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post
Yeah, the 155 is an ECU limit.

I've heard the mechanical limit (redline rpm + gearing + wheel size) for some models is right around 200, but you'd need more engine grunt to get there. The aero of a 370Z produces downforce as well, so they get heavier the faster they go...
from what i have read and seen at stock it runs out of go not much over the 156 limiter. Somewhere in the 160-170 mph area

I know that pushing into a 30~ mph head wind you need a lot of track to break 130. I tried over and over last fall at No Fly Zone and with pushing into that much head wind 130 was it no matter what i did for a launch. I did 25-30 runs, 30-60 rolls(1/2 mile after the roll start) many digs and even backed up to the end of the runway once and every time i was 127-130 at the trap. Fingers crossed for better weather over fathers day weekend this year.