Thread: Help Please!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 02:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
MoulaZ
Base Member

Drives: '09 Z34 BP Turbo V2
MoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Couple of personal observations & questions mate.

1. Are you on a hybrid MAF/SD tune or SD only? If SD only, MAFs having an issue is far less likely.

1a. If you're on an SD only tune, what MAP sensor are you using and where have you tapped into the intake manifold?

2. Whenever me and Seb tried to do a hybrid tune, it always ended with all sorts of hesitations and idling issues. Going back to SD resolved it.

3. I've never seen good equal flow with the A2A pipe, but like I said earlier, it's kinda a non-issue if you're SD only and nothing wrong with your MAP Sensor setup.

4. A suggestion I could make is what my previous Tuner did earlier on which was to bridge the MAF voltage output to each other. Single cable. Effectively makes the MAF voltage signal identical accross both. A good Tuner should still be able to make it work and if nothing else, it'd be curious to see what effect it may have for you. When I was attempting a hybrid tune, this little trick helped quite a bit.

5. I've even gone so far as to chop up my A2A pipe and add 3 honeycomb air straighteners, before the Y & just before the MAFs. Still never saw equal airflow, the airflow just stabilized, but on average I see approx 45-50% more air flowing past the 'outside' run, to the 'inside' run while under low throttle conditions. Under medium to heavy throttle they quickly even out. It definitely helped while attempting a hybrid tune, but SD still won for 'around-town' drivability. The difficulty achieving equal flow across the MAFs was a pet peeve of mine from day 1.

6. Long shot, but way early on, I was getting all sorts of sh*t AFR readings from one bank only. Long story short, it turned out the gasket between Intake Manifold & Lower Plenum had a minuscule tear leading into Cylinder 6. I did pressure test as well, but I didn't find it. Anything past the TBs I usually attributed to air leaking into Cylinders and back out the exhaust. Changed the gasket and it was a night & day difference. AFRs were 100% back on point.
MoulaZ is offline   Reply With Quote