View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
ColtronZ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 370z
ColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond repute

Installation:

This install was somewhat of a pain. Dar gives you strips of paper with holes in them you line up and tape to the spoiler. I then adjusted the spoiler to the right position on my hatch and taped the strips to the body slowly lifting the spoiler away. Dar recommended starting the hole with 1/8 which worked well. The outside holes have to go through two sheets of metal. Then they recommended a huge drill bit to widen the hole and I went smaller because you can go bigger as needed as a safer method. The bit I chose was closer to the screw size and it worked out. Next I drilled 4 holes underneath for the 4 outer screws as they were not able to be reached from inside. I drilled them probably bigger than necessary as I was using a ratchet over a screw driver. The screws in the center sank easily. I then tighted the outer screws, but they werent sinking enough so I bought longer screws. This was how I got the spoiler to sit closer against the car. The upper outer rounded corners do not sit exactly flush to the hatch but fairly close. I'm seeing if the spoiler will settle after sitting in the sun for a few + the screws holding it down already. I will then go ahead and see if i can tighten them anymore then put a sealant around the screw areas.

Complaints:

My main complaint was that the screws just sank into the fiberglass/insulation type material. I wish they would of either had mollies inside the spoiler you sink the bolt into or had the bolts inside the spoiler and you tighten a nut to it.

After:

As this was my second main project and a huge one that's easy to mess up, i hope it holds up. This was just a nerve wracking project as I poked holes into the body that's irreparable. I love the look of it and it compliments the curves of the body exceptionally well. It does block the lower half of the back window but who drives a 370z for visibility to begin with? Will post pics soon!

Also any words of wisdom or guidance would be splendid if you have any to add!

Last edited by ColtronZ; 03-24-2018 at 08:21 PM.
ColtronZ is offline   Reply With Quote