View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 07:05 PM   #2314 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute
Default MAF Issue

Would you guys mind sending me some of your data snippets that you send off to be used for tuning? I have an anomaly where one MAF (bank 1) is reading almost a volt lower than the other at times and I wanted to see if anyone else's car was doing the same. Thanks!

I'm at turtle64b@aol.com

EDIT: To follow up on this, it seems that there is not equal flow through the intake Y-pipe.

Swapping MAFs gave the same anomaly on bank 1, swapping the connection moved the anomaly to bank 2, and swapping the MAF while still connected to the same harness also moved the anomaly to the other bank. This means that at idle and light-medium acceleration, air flow through the two branches of intake Y, in my case, are significantly different. Since the Y pipe meets again in the manifold and the air mixes, the bank associated with the MAF that has the anomaly is getting much more air than sensed by its associated MAF and the other bank is getting less. This would explain my lean condition as well as the sometimes very rich condition that happens at idle.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If you look at your datalogs, it looks like one MAF reading out much lower than the other one. This can be dangerous for the engine as one bank will run rich and the other bank will run lean, potentially dangerously.

Last edited by turtle64b; 03-25-2018 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Update on the problem
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote