Thread: Help Please!
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
A quick and easy way to check for vac leaks is to spray some brake cleaner around the throttle bodies and down around the intake manifold mate-up. If you hear the car pick up idle at all during this then there is a vac leak there.

This will not detect leaks all of the time but like I said it is a quick way to check if your suspect.
Smoke-tested all the lines, then pressure tested the intake piping up to the manifolds to ~11# with no leaks. I pressure tested all vacuum lines to 25# with no leaks. I can't get the car to even idle for greater than 20 seconds at the moment...

I'm going to revert the car back to my original tune to see if it runs. If not, I may be looking at something major....

With that said, I wouldn't expect something major to manifest the way it did.
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote