View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 04:49 PM   #432 (permalink)
BlackZeda
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 19 Audi TT RS
BlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZeda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
In fairness, a turbo 4 can only sound so good. It will never be the sweet sound of a flat 6 in the outgoing Cayman. The 4C is loud, but not particularly proud (turbo noises are far more stirring than the exhaust). I suspect that the Alpine is similar in that respect. In fact, in Normal mode most reviews call that one quite subdued.

The stock 370Z exhaust isn't particularly harmonious for an NA-6 sports car - but fortunately can be improved with some modification. Speaking of which, I have to get on that for my wife's car this year. What's the recommended catback exhaust for "robust, mildly annoyingly loud with deep and exciting tone"? (sounds like the description on a wine bottle)
I love my Fast Intentions. It is not obnoxious but you can definitely hear when my car is around. They are custom made, so you can talk to Tony to get exactly what you want. I have the 18" resonated with carbon fiber cans. I also have the resonated HFCs.
BlackZeda is offline   Reply With Quote