View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 04:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

I just had both my bumpers touched up pearl white as well (my own fault). They came out awesome and better than when I bought the car. The guy fixed spots that the previous repair place didn't do right and then he did a complete clear coat over the entire bumper (guess they had been touched up before I bought the car and I didn't notice but a pro would and once pointed out I saw it). Your looking at about 400.00 a bumper so it's probably less than your deductible. If you were in the Bay Area I would tell you who to go to but since your not I don't know. I can tell you what he told me, they're are two main brands of paint PPG and some other brand that I forget now. The big chain shops use the other brand and of course that's all your ins company wants to cover is the cheapest quote. You want PPG as it's a better water born paint than the other and then also talk to the guy about what clear he will use as even PPG has two and if not requested then usually they will use the lower grade (although still good and not cheap it isn't their top shelf). Like anything automotive now days you have to do all the leg work yourself to make sure your getting the right stuff.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote