View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismosis View Post
A build list would be fun! It all depends on funds as well...

For me...

Timing - 2018 season, but waiting for the weather to warm up and salt to come off the roads.

1) 18x10's and 285 RE-71R's at all 4 corners. What offset front and rear?

285 tires will be happier on 11" wide wheels

2) Intake
3) Tune? I'm not 100% clear on the SCCA's verbiage and allowances...

Uprev and Ecutec tunes would be legal. Big no-no's are stand-alones and hacking up the wiring harness.

4) JRZ or KWv3?

You'll probably want springs stiffer than the OTS options have. Also, you can't convert the rear to a true coilover as that would be a geometry change.

5) Camber plates

You want control arms, camber plates are for strut type suspensions which we don't have.

6) OSG - maybe 2019

This will have a noticeable effect on the balance and handling depending on how it's set up.

7) Front bar (carryover from BS)

You might want to disconnect/remove the rear bar once you get stiffer springs on the car. It was a noticeable improvement when I did it on mine.

8) Exhaust (carryover from BS)

Replace the factory cats with some HFC's

9) Brakes...more than happy with the stock/sport set up
10) Seat and harness

While you can do aftermarket seats currently, there's a proposal out now to require factory seats when the factory seats had airbags built in. Just be aware the money you spend on seats might be down the drain in a couple years.
Just my thoughts on your list
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote