View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 09:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by killuchen View Post
Just left the movies and I come to the parking lot to this

Filed a claim with my insurance company because the person that hit me was nowhere to be found!

She's a 2017 PW base with only 15500 miles on her. Crappy thing is I just got her 15k maint service today too.

Is PW going to be a pain to match?

( Click to show/hide )
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post

It's the bumper, Spoiler.

Yes, a crappy shop will have difficulty. PW is 3 stage and difficult to match. Good shop should be able to take care of you though. Personally, I would just pay for the touch up myself as I don't feel its enough damage to file an insurance claim. But that's just my
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
It's probably easier for them to blend a small spot within a panel vs blending entire panels (e.g. bumper to fender).

But the Nissan factory paint is not anything to write home about. The clear coat is thin and pretty weak. A good shop would likely use a better clear coat. But that in itself is not a sufficient reason to repaint the whole bumper.

Monterey Blue is a 3 stage paint too. If the bumper is painted, the book calls for the hood and fenders to be painted also. I ran into this problem when I had my encounter with the possum. The driver side fender and bumper were involved, the shop had to repaint the hood and other fender also. IMHO, I'd either buy the bumper off of the forum, or use some touch up paint and call it good for now.