View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 10:19 PM   #70 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Now that I've lost everyone's interest in this thread for going with Bazooka subs, I'll still post an update...

Going on two weeks of running these subs in, they have only gotten better.

Definition and speed has improved. Dynamic swing is shockingly good. Low end extension has seemed to "blossom" a bit more, making them reproduce some rather strong deep bass with plenty of weight and warmth. The upper end of the spectrum where they are crossed over (still at 80 Hz @ -36 dB) is much more controlled and clean, allowing them to blend even more seamlessly with the front stage.

I really wasn't expecting this level of performance from these Bazooka subs. They definitely perform above their price point, and definitely perform a LOT better than what most people claim (or rather complain/bash) about them. They're not boomy, they're not sloppy, they aren't lacking, they aren't thin, they're not noisy, etc, etc.

The fact that I'm getting this level of performance with this level of clean and controlled output in a completely stealth install in a car with extremely limited space, these subs have completely exceeded all of my expectations. I'm certain if anyone here heard my system, you wouldn't believe your ears. You would think there's a large sub enclosure sitting behind your head, out in the open.

Of course, this says a lot for the Arc XDi 1200.6 amp as well. Small, compact and efficient, yet packs a lot of clean refined power for the entire system with ample power reserves.