View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 05:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
370Z944
Base Member

Drives: 370zNismo/944 turbo
370Z944 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by James10694 View Post
I had the stock nismo suspension for a couple of years and then I switched over to swift springs. I haven't had any uneven tire wear.

I have been getting my alignment done at firestone by a guy named alex. He's really good at what he does and has a knack for lowered car alignments. He now works over at samurai motors on spring mountain. They have a pretty good reputation but I wouldn't bother with a performance shop for stock alignments. I still use firestone because of the lifetime alignments. If you're stock then they should have ZERO problem getting it done correctly.

Now what do you mean they aren't equipped to do an alignment?
They don't even have an alignment rack. They outsource alignments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
If you attempt to go through your warranty, they replace the entire rear subframe and the bushing will still fail in 20k miles. It's best to buy aftermarket poly bushings and take it to a shop or someone you trust to punch it out and replace it. It is not difficult or expensive to do. You have an opportunity to make your car better. Going with another OEM bushing is like putting another stock CSC in your car after it dies.
I have a 5 year 100k mile warranty, I guess they will have to do it multiple times then. There is also a lot of corrosion. I'm perfectly fine with a whole new sub frame.

The car was shipped here from Michigan. It had quite a bit of corrosion. I'm getting a whine from the transmission, could be a bearing. They are going to remove the trans as well. I have a sneaking suspicion it is the CSC.

What's currently the best CSC solution for a 100% street DD?
370Z944 is offline   Reply With Quote