View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 05:59 PM   #1012 (permalink)
Brendan
Track Member

Drives: Poor man's Porsche
Brendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond repute

No 370z at Dixie, but I would like to start discussing ideas on what route to go with an stu build.

Mine will take place over a couple seasons but I want to do coils and alignment correction first over the winter break in 2018.

I want to try out the fortune auto 500s or have a set of 510 made. Going with them because of price and the fact that they are serviceable in the US. They are pretty well regarded in the time attack community so they should be able to stand up to solo. I want to stay in the 1.8hz range front and rear for spring rate. If anyone has feedback on what frequency would be better, I would be interested.

For camber correction I like the z1 kit. It seems to fall into the rules of the class and adds some caster. I'm not married to this option and would like to see what else is out there and legal for scca stu rules, but it seems to be slim pickings.

Last will be wheels and tires. I want to wait until suspension is sorted before I purchase pricey aftermarket wheels because I want to be able to accurately measure clearances. The z seems to be blessed in this area. I am running square 285 on the stock wheels and its clearing easy. 18's would be the obvious choice. With the tall second gear we could drop a few inches in overall diameter and still top out at ~65mph in 2nd gear which is the magic number. I admit the only reason why I would be hesitant to drop down would be aesthetics.

The rest of the allowance will wait depending on how I develop as a driver but I would be interested in what we feel are particularly weak areas on the chassis that should be addressed with stu allowances and what the impact might be.

Last edited by Brendan; 03-20-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote