View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 10:49 AM   #3988 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbo1007 View Post
This is the same thing they said around this time last year... so I'll believe it when I see it.

The most cost-logical thing they can do is platform share with the Q50/Q60 and rinse and repeat. AMS has demonstrated that they have a lot of headroom in the new VR30DDTT (they just dynoed around 800whp in their project Q60), so if they made a 450hp version of the Z to properly slide it against things that compete within the target price range (Camaro, Mustang... I know the Z isn't those cars but for the money it is going to draw those as alternatives, and Nissan knows that, and Nissan needs conquest sales for a next gen Z), it's doable and there's a decent business case for it.

I don't know where all the Mercedes BS is coming from... they don't need Mercedes to do any of this. At most, they make a bottom-tier trim like the Q60 that plucks that garbage Mercedes 2.0 turbo with its garbage transmission, but that's it. They don't need anything else from Mercedes.