View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 04:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
analogman
Base Member

Drives: Actively shopping
analogman is on a distinguished road

UNKNOWN_370, the lack of 370Z supply is definitely an Oregon thing. Small population in the state plus no interest in sports cars in this area means no local inventory. The Oregon dealers have searched, and there are no 370Z's in stock within 500 miles.

I've been searching nationwide. I'm willing to ship a car here (it's the only way I'll get one). I've found that the Nissan dealers in Maryland, Virginia, Utah, and Washington are the worst as far as bait-and-switch pricing. Those states must have weak consumer protection laws. They advertise an attractive price, but when I try to move forward, the 'actual' price comes back thousands of dollars higher. Their advertised prices include an impossible combination of special discounts - recent student graduate plus ex-military plus current Nissan owner plus 'VPP' - work for Nissan or a supplier. If you don't have all of those, the actual price is several thousand dollars higher.

I've never experienced this kind of sleaze from any other brand. It's enough to turn me off to Nissan's forever.

I'm looking for a specific combination - a Sport Tech with 6 speed manual, in red. Since this is purely a fun car, kind of have my heart set on that combination. Not many like that out there.

Last edited by analogman; 03-19-2018 at 12:55 PM.
analogman is offline   Reply With Quote