View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
analogman
Base Member

Drives: Actively shopping
analogman is on a distinguished road

UNKNOWN_370, I love your description of Passion Red as the color the hottest chick at Walgreens is looking for in a nail polish color - a very vivid image!

I completely agree with you about Nissan's non-existent marketing on the 370Z. Carlos Ghosn and other Nissan executives complain that there is no market for sports cars anymore, and they point to their selling only 4,614 370Z's last year. But what do they expect when they spend ZERO on marketing the car? So many people I've run into don't even know that Nissan still even makes the 370Z!

So many people gripe that the only small, simple, sports coupe available is the Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ, but they complain that it doesn't have enough power, and if only there was a car like that with more power. There is - the 370Z - but no one knows about it. Many people I've run into think that the 370Z was discontinued. If you don't promote it, don't be surprised that few people buy it.

I'm also deeply frustrated at my experiences with Nissan dealers so far. I’ve been trying to buy a new 370Z for the past 6 months, but haven’t been able to yet because of sleazy dealer games. I’ve been buying cars for almost 45 years (yes, I'm old...), of almost all brands, and have never run into such an untrustworthy and slimy bunch as the Nissan dealers I’ve talked with. Every one has pulled bait-and-switch pricing games on me. They advertise one price and then pull another, much higher one out of their butts when I try to close the deal. Or, they just don't want to deal with me at all on a 370Z, because they don't have one in stock and don't want to both ordering one. I’m a cash buyer, and can’t find an ethical Nissan dealer to give it to.
analogman is offline   Reply With Quote