View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 06:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
PharmDZ
Track Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z BS M6
PharmDZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
First off, the Z has a significant disadvantage against the cars you are competing against. The autocross classes are not particularly Z friendly. Seat time is your best friend. But of course, there are some things you can do to help.

Change the front sway bar. A lot of the track guys (I think) choose Hotchkis. Maybe also try removing the rear sway bar - not sure if both are an option for your class. Testing out a few different configurations on your car would be ideal.

Based on my research, Koni Yellows are probably your best bet for shocks. Others with specific experience will be able to provide much more insight (I'm still on OEM shocks). You might even be able to find a well priced street used set in good condition on this forum or via other avenues.
Beg to differ with the new STU class change! Haha but we will see how the car does...

Personally I went with a Hotchkis front bar, removed the rear bar, and then added BC DR Coilovers with 18k/14k swift springs, revalved recently by Feal Suspension. We'll see how it performs this year on street tires. Felt fantastic on Hoosier A7's.
PharmDZ is offline   Reply With Quote