View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 02:48 AM   #57 (permalink)
BOLIO 671
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: To & From then Back
BOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond reputeBOLIO 671 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Now about the lug nuts. I wanted to use open ended lug nuts. So I cut the top off a lug nut that I was using. Comparing that to a Z1 open ended lug nut that I got with the ARP studs. I thought that the lug nut that I cut off would have more threads in it. I was wrong. Comparing the two. There is only about 3~4 threads differance between the two. So it would be easier to just buy the open ended lug nuts then to cut the tops off of the closed top ones.
I’m trying to figure out if this method of cutting off the caps on the OEM lug nuts would work for use on the OEM wheels. I’m interested in installing extended these ARP studs as a safety requirement for the track in order to use Drag Radials. There’s no question as to whether open ended aftermarket lugs will fit on my aftermarket wheels for the track. The issue I have is trying to find an open ended mag style lug with washer to use on my OEM wheels for off track/daily driving use.

If anyone has any suggestions/experience on an open ended mag style nut with washer or whether cutting the caps off the OEM lugs actually works pls chime in. Again this is just so I can put my OEM Nismo Wheels back on using these studs after the track for my daily driving.
2013 Nismo Z34 / FI TT #091 / IG: @lilzilla_z34
BOLIO 671 is offline   Reply With Quote