View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Baronsmokes
Premium Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Roadster
Baronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond reputeBaronsmokes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scope22 View Post
Sure, dont think its nearly 100hrs, about 2-4hrs per panel, 40hrs max that is for someone like me with no experiance. Also i can't imagine $1800 in material cost unless you're doing a bus.

I have painted a lot of cars.
If you are fitting aftermarket fenders and bumpers extra work involved.Use the best Primer, paint,clear,activator.Need to get body flat and perfect.Better than factory.Prime and block sand.The body prep is 80% of the job..Several coats of paint to lay down.I will put 3 coats of high soild clear on top of that.Then I will sand and buff the clear to get a glass finish. I do not mean to be rude but to get the finish I like is a lot of work.Easy100hrs.
Baronsmokes is offline   Reply With Quote