View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 03:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
You can't compare wet and dry driving as they are totally different. You can't toss the car in the wet like you can in the dry. Your right foot was probably the issue lol. Tires are a big factor to minimize hydroplaning. Race teams have a total different set up when running in the wet. Rain tires and raising the ride height for starters.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Yea probably a fluke, kind of a perfect storm of cold tires, cold track and very first turn being wet, also sways were set to my medium/medium dry setting and dampers were set to what I liked last time (which was dry). I'm was also guilty of not really understanding what the ecutek traction control did vs vdc. I'll be sticking with vdc in the wet, it seems ecutek delays the stability part of vdc and not just the wheel slip traction portion as none of the diagonal braking kicked in or anything and it did later with vdc on going down the corkscrew. Once I set the bars soft/soft the next session it was a ton better (maybe should have only softened the rear) but still a bit of a handful, probably needed to soften the dampers and ideally I would have liked a milder throttle response for that day, may be looking into the ecutek Bluetooth for that. Ideally I won't ever be doing another wet track day but it had been dry all season and then was too late to cancel.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote