View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 06:10 PM   #368 (permalink)
Zat_Zuma
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Touring auto
Zat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithmo View Post
Ugh... I hate to ask, but I'm not seeing a clear answer...

I have two sets of Nismo wheels (a 2014 set, and a 2016 set). The 2014 set currently has NO tires on it. The 2016 set has the garbage oem tires on it (s001?), but, they are now completely bald and in need of replacement. I want to stick to one size only, so if I switch between wheels, the car ends up feeling and driving the same. This isn't something I want to debate, as I'm dead set on running the same size on both wheels... but... what size do I go with?

Stock size is 265/40R19 (F) and 285/35R19 (R)... is it worth bumping up to 285/35R19 (F) & 305/30R19 (R)? What's the benefit to going to a wider size, besides a bit more grip? That wider grip also comes at the cost of more weight... worth it?

Did I see correctly that people are running 325s on the Nismo wheels? Isn't that too massive, from the stock 285s the car came on? I can understand the 305... but 325 seems crazy.

I'm on stock suspension. Likely will just go with some Swift springs, in due time. Don't plan on changing anything beyond that.
Thanks again for taking those Nismo rims off my hands

I would personally go 305 max and 285/295 preferred on the rear and 275 max and 255/265 on the front. Especially for our pot holy streets and rough roads. You want some rubber to absorb those bumps and not have the rubber scrunched on the rim.

I had 305/275 Bridgestone's R050 and wasn't happy with the size or tire in the past. Very rough ride with the Nismo suspension.

Just my observations and beaver nickels worth.

I do have a set of Swift Springs in my parts pile too