View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 09:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
johnnydrama
Track Member

Drives: Nismo & FPace SVR
johnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to johnnydrama
Default Installed Braum Elite X Seats

As I stated in the following thread regarding my Carbon Fiber Element steering wheel:

Installed Carbon Fiber Elements Custom Steering Wheel

I did very little to the interior of the 2009 Nismo I owned several years ago except for the Red GTR Start Button. However, now that the interior is 9 years older since this car was released I felt it could use some refreshing. Don't get me wrong I still think the Z interior is sporty. That said, manufacturers have come a long way in the last decade and the car felt a little behind in that department since I picked my 2011 up.

So of course I did the Red GTR Start Button first but wanted to update the steering wheel and seats as well. Originally I wanted to locate a set of 2015+ Nismo Recaros to install but then preferred the look and actual Recaro bottom of the Nismo Juke Recaros (Sad Nissan gave Jukes a full Recaro treatment and not the Z) but the install sounded like a nightmare especially for the price paid.

Then I located the Braum Racing seats and really liked the look and the reviews seemed mostly positive, especially for the price paid. I did the install last night and am very pleased with the outcome. The install isn't extremely difficult, it's one of those things where the first time you do it will take 4 hours but if you did it again it would probably only take 1-2 hours. For the most part not too bad, but essentially no directions come for the installation of the seats.

I wanted it all done correctly (no flashing airbag lights or seatbelt lights etc.) so I was extremely patient and took my time installing the seats with the proper work-arounds. For $1000 all-in (Braum seats & planted brackets) it was a very fulfilling modification.

The black seats with red stitching really matches the stock Nismo interior design well. Although I have not driven the car yet, the seats feel much more comfortable and bolstered than the stock Nismos as well.

These Braum seats and the Carbon Fiber Element steering wheel definitely took the interior of my 2011 Nismo to whole new level.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0588.jpg (78.4 KB, 455 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0591.jpg (100.0 KB, 260 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0592.jpg (97.3 KB, 368 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0599.jpg (67.6 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0607.jpg (77.4 KB, 311 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0608.jpg (70.8 KB, 271 views)

Last edited by johnnydrama; 03-14-2018 at 10:36 AM.
johnnydrama is offline   Reply With Quote