View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 07:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
howardrjarret
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370z nismo teck
howardrjarret is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
Well those cars have a bit more torque than ours so that is going to hurt in auto x because it’s all turn exit power for short course. Since you can’t change spring rates then you will most likely have to go with the big bar soft spring style suspension so the Hotchkis may be you best bet however it also may overpower the rear bar and lead to a massive pushing car. The Eibach with its adjustability might be a better way to go if that’s the case. As for dampers I have not tried either the bilstein or Koni for this particular car but I think I would lean towards the bilstein simply because they typically have a firmer low speed compression damping (more of a digressive tune) than the konis (the konis damper adjustment is rebound not compression). You can use rebound to tune understeer/oversteer but with the soft oem springs and konis softer compression (typically) I don’t know if you’ll get the support you want. Maybe go Hotchkis with konis and use the dampers for tuning or go bilstein with Eibach and use the bar setting for tuning but one way or another you’ll want to be able to have some form of adjustability so I wouldn’t go Hotchkis bilstein.
thanks for the input ,seems that I have a lot of pushing all ready car doesn't seem to get lose in the rear and pushes the front instead of turning , im sure my foot is not helping as I have a heavy foot but am working on theat I have about 18 events under my belt and only want to do better thanks
howardrjarret is offline   Reply With Quote