View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 03:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
karlgustav23
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
karlgustav23 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the feedback and warm welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtronZ View Post
... consumes you in a good way ...
Hope so

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
... have them check'd really good by a professional tire tech & if your rotors are severely warped-it could cause a vibration & worsen when applied firm...
I'll definitely get the wheels and rotors checked out. I think that the rotors likely aren't the main cause, as with severely warped rotors I should feel some kind of vibrations through the brake pedal as well. Having experienced warped rotors a couple of times, the vibrations just doesn't feel like it. But I'll get em checked when balancing wheels just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
ck. emission codes before removing cat's & as far as exhaust,,,,,it would be Fast Intentions!
I'm sort of in a legal loophole, as the car is registered in another EU country and I'm driving it the Netherlands. Thanks to an exception in the EU law I'm allowed to drive the car indefinitely in NL without doing any technical checks or road taxes. As long as it isn't rolling coal or something else really bad, the emissions shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st View Post
The vibration when braking is due to warped rotors. If steering wheel vibrates at high speeds could be due to the wheels not balanced properly.
Most likely it is either the front end (wheels or rotors) or something from drivetrain. As the vibration increases when braking hard (and decreases when accelerating), it likely isn't
coming from rear wheels.
karlgustav23 is offline   Reply With Quote