View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Well those cars have a bit more torque than ours so that is going to hurt in auto x because it’s all turn exit power for short course. Since you can’t change spring rates then you will most likely have to go with the big bar soft spring style suspension so the Hotchkis may be you best bet however it also may overpower the rear bar and lead to a massive pushing car. The Eibach with its adjustability might be a better way to go if that’s the case. As for dampers I have not tried either the bilstein or Koni for this particular car but I think I would lean towards the bilstein simply because they typically have a firmer low speed compression damping (more of a digressive tune) than the konis (the konis damper adjustment is rebound not compression). You can use rebound to tune understeer/oversteer but with the soft oem springs and konis softer compression (typically) I don’t know if you’ll get the support you want. Maybe go Hotchkis with konis and use the dampers for tuning or go bilstein with Eibach and use the bar setting for tuning but one way or another you’ll want to be able to have some form of adjustability so I wouldn’t go Hotchkis bilstein.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote