View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 04:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsolo View Post
I don't think air in the system is the issue. Dealers don't mess around with bleeding funnels and wasting time idling the car until the thermostat opens. They use a special tool to vacuum fill the system leaving no air pockets, same as the factory.

https://www.uview.com/index.cfm?dsp=...productid=5120

No issues with heat after I did the flush/fill on my car using this tool. Refilling it took all of a few minutes.

More than likely the thermostat is stuck open.
You would be surprised how few techs actually own vacuum bleeders. At Acura zero techs owned one. They are more common in domestic and euro but even then at my last dealer that was domestic (before I finally got out 2 years ago) out of somewhere between 35-42 techs depending on how many were quitting vs new hires only about 5 of us owned a vacuum filler. Most don’t even own a coolant system pressure test kit. Dealers today mostly hire at low wage at flat rate and those tools aren’t cheap. We had a corvette come back 3 times for overheating after a service because they didn’t use a vacuum filler and air got trapped in the crossover piping before it finally got sent over to us drivability guys to fix it.

Last edited by Jhill; 03-12-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote