View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #1009 (permalink)
zpower86
Premium Member

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370Z
zpower86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardrjarret View Post
hi was hoping I could find someone on here that could guild me to a proper autocross shock and swaybar , I have a 2016 370z nismo I ve been running re-71s for about 6 months now I run in A street and don't want to change classes I am only allowed to change shocks and 1 sway bar front or rear but not both. Ive been racing againt 2012 z06 vettes and 1le cameros porche 911and getting spanked, my driving skills need work but so does the car could someone guide me in the right direction please
If your budget is less than $2000, then Koni Yellow shocks and Hotchkis front sway bar will do well. You might want to try a bar slightly less stiff than Hotchkis.

If your budget is higher, you might look at JRZ RS or RS Pro (which I have). Other good brands to think about are Motion Control and Ohlin.

Another tip on alignment. The front is non-adjustable on camber, but of course the car wants more. To address this, I would suggest loosening the upper control arm (a-arm) bolts with the car in the air, then lowering the car on the ground, then tightening the bolts while on the ground. This will take up any slop in the joint and possibly give you a little more camber. I never got to try this on my 370Z before selling, but on my nd miata, I gained about .2 degrees (more negative).
zpower86 is offline   Reply With Quote