View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
karlgustav23
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
karlgustav23 is on a distinguished road
Default First post, First Z

I half-accidentally got myself a 370z last August. It is an early model, from 2009. Originally from the USA, imported to Europe in 2014. At first, I thought about driving it a year or so and then maybe selling it but now have fallen in love with it. You know, taking partner voluntarily to work at 6 am Saturday morning's (empty roads ) to the next city although there is perfectly excellent train service. The car is a head-turner here, in the Netherlands, as the NL government has almost banned the 370z with the high car-taxes, haven't seen one on the roads. The Z prices in dealerships are starting from around 105k € / 130K USD. Even a brand new BMW 7 series costs less in here.

Right now I'm thinking about some (minor) upgrades. I'm thinking about exhaust and intake. Am I doing anything wrong by getting Stillen GEN 3 and Berk Test pipes, while still maintaining original exhaust? Should I get the resonated or non-res pipes?

Also, I want to upgrade the brakes, as the current non-sport brakes are quite worn. I'm looking at Z1 brake kit, possibly with EBC Yellows. Don't give a damn about brake dust and squealing, just want them to work every time. Even after multiple 150-100mph brakes on the autobahn.

Speaking of the Autobahn, the car has terrible vibrations at higher speeds. The vibrations start at around 80/90mph and get bad at 140mph, and increases when I'm braking. Went to the dealership and they said that it's from the driveshaft. Could it be that or should I get the new brakes installed and wheels checked before ordering it? Or get it checked at another garage? The car has around 75k miles on the clock. The stealership is quoting 1500€ (1850usd) for it, and I reckon it is smarter to order it from the US, where the prices are around 700 bucks. Myus.com has US tax-free ZIP and can ship it to NL quite cheaply. If I would do that, where should I order it from? Also, the dealership said that the product code is 370001EA0A, but the site https://www.nissanpartswebstore.com/...70001EA0A.html says that it is suitable for 2014+ Z's only. Has the dealership made a mistake with the product code or is the website wrong?

Last edited by karlgustav23; 03-12-2018 at 01:22 PM.
karlgustav23 is offline   Reply With Quote