View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #1284 (permalink)
fork
Base Member

Drives: 18 370 ST Blue Pearl
fork is on a distinguished road

You know, when I asked if you guys knew someplace that wasn't in Blairsville, I was hoping you would say that there was some place close to Pittsburgh, not in the next state over (and not even one of the states that are close!). To me, Blairsville seems far!

Rusty, I'm really liking your journal. I am only three pages in but I have some questions already. I see in your laundry list of mods (which has more parts and components than I would even imagine they would make for a Z) that you have a 34-row oil cooler. Do you do any driving in the winter around here? Does your oil temp gauge even move in the winter? Do you have a blocker plate for the oil cooler? I have only made it to October 2012 in your journal so I haven't seen anything from the winter yet other than your car cover when you first bought it.

Second, I just read your post where you got it on the dyno at RT Tuning and added a whole boatload of HP just by "port matching the manifold". Forgive me if I am jumping the gun and you show this process later in the journal but I am of the generation that wants instant gratification! Did you do the machining/matching yourself or did you buy something off the shelf like Z1's ported intake? Or did you do something different altogether? https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...hr-p-8835.html

Third! You mentioned at your work you had an outage and were doing 12 hour shifts. Did you work at a power plant?

Really looking forward to reading the rest of it!
fork is offline   Reply With Quote