Thread: Door Dings
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
markesc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z M.B. 7AT
markesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond repute

For what it's worth:

I've just learned to not shop at certain places at certain times. If I cannot find a spot that's away from the morons, then I just go a different day. Sometimes this means paying a bit more and going to a less busy establishment.

If ya don't have a choice, I just try to find a spot where only one side can be hit, and usually I look for a few signs:

Is the car next to me clean/upscale brand?
Is it backed in? (good sign they are conscientious personality type)

Cars I avoid parking by:

Any / All American trucks/jeeps/bigger vehicles with bigger doors

Typical single mom mobile where there's a million hand prints stickers perma dirt perma brake dust on the front wheels. Another tell is if the front plate is jacked up/taco'd, means they run it through the car wash, means they're lazy and don't actually care.

4+ years of Z ownership, Zero door dents/dings/scuffs. Only 4-5 rock chips because of a clear bra on the front bumper and the entire hood. I also keep it super clean, ocd style, and that tends to attract other car lovers to park next to mine. Being there are only 300 MB from 2013-14, I enjoy taking care of mine.
markesc is offline   Reply With Quote