View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 06:03 AM   #46 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodx View Post
What do you mean if the bolts break ?, cant you just hammer out the stud if you break the bolt ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ace_ View Post
I haven't done it, but why can't you drill the stupid things out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowchemos View Post
Last thing is, if I break or cut the head of the bolt I am totally ****** right? Since these retarded bolts have threads they wouldn't just fall out??
Honestly I would hope for them to break. The cats are the threaded part, not the header. So if you break the head of the bolt off, or it breaks in the middle anywhere, it's free of header, and the cat comes down. Yes the you have a bolt stuck in the cat, but it's not stuck in the header. These aren't studs.

As already mentioned the best strategy is to get enough 1/2" extension to make it all the way out to the front of the car. I didn't have enough and only had one 3/8" extension in the mix, and it was a bear. After this project I went out and bought more 1/2" extensions.

My car only had 5000 miles on it, and it was pain, those two bolts were definitely tighter than the rest and were very rusty, where the bottom two weren't for some reason?
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote