Thread: 370z MODS!!
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 11:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

On our cars trying to make power naturally aspirated gets expensive quick and will be or exceed the cost of a turbo or supercharger kit. If you plan on a turbo kit in the future for sure then I would skip intake and exhaust since most of all of it will be changed out and a aftermarket cat back exhaust would be the only part useable after you install a turbo kit. I would have to agree that gears would be the best bang for the buck. One mod I believe is a must for all 370Z’s is a aftermarket oil cooler even if you track your car or not it will certainly prolong the life of your VQ engine. I have seen a lot of people dyno tune their 370Z’s over the years. The only time I seen somewhat lean conditions naturally aspirated is if you decided to install long tube headers or run cat less test pipes. If you plan to install high flow catalytic converters or run the stock Nissan catalytic converters don’t waste your money tuning your 370Z wait until after you install forced induction on your 370Z. Naturally aspirated you may see max 10-15 whp and 7-10 whp from my experience.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote