View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 07:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxx View Post
Another thing to consider other than size ....efficiency ...the v-7 is 78% while the rotrex is 97 % ....also decide how far you want to build the motor ...how much boost you want to run etc.... I’m using the c38 rotrex and running 12lbs boost and make decent hp/tq with it but it is maxed out ....the c38r would put me with all the boost I would be able to run without building the bottom end. ....

However....I don’t have any experience with the v-7 supercharger so my opinion may be a little off ...I have been using the rotrex with no issues and would choose efficiency for my application between the two.

I also can’t find the rotrex cfm..they spec it as .63 kg/s not sure how to convert that over to cfm
So... is efficiency or air flow rate more important when it comes to a blower?
I would guess the air flow rate because you can have 100% efficiency of a tiny blower that has a tiny air flow rate vs a giant blower with less efficiency but way more air flow rate. Am i right or nah?
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote