View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 10:41 AM   #117 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling pretty good about myself after reading this thread! I've had 2 moments where I felt pretty dumb.

1st was when taking off the 370z upper plenum to replace with the z1 kit, I forgot to transfer the gaskets (I wasn't expecting them to be inset in the upper). Got everything reassembled, turned it on, died immediately. I did figure it out, just felt pretty stupid in the process.

2nd was installing long tube headers, I broke the valve cover ventilation port off while removing intake hoses (that's probably not the right name for it). Those z1 silicon hoses were actually stronger than the ports! Ultimately replaced the whole valve cover. Took longer than the long tubes.