View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 10:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
I have been boosted for about 4.5 years and I have about 55K on the motor and about 35k boosted. You know how I drive...a lot like you. She does not get babied. I am torn with the same thinking do I build sooner than later knowing there is good life in the motor but 35k miles boosted with a few thousand at the track well I would say the motor is like 75 or 80K. I would say if you got the cash do it now and be done. Doing it later just mean more money and down time. Just my two cent.
The bad part comes if you pop the motor. The old one is junk. So, one low mileage junk yard long block for 2 to 3k. It is best to swap out all of your electronics to said motor after it is built. Two turbo rebuilds for good measure just in case metal shrapnel made it to them. CAC cleaning. It will be 7 to 10k more expensive if that happens. Sometimes, that is the game we play and the risks we take.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote