Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 10:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jedz
Base Member

Drives: 17 Nissan 370Z wt m6
Jedz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
Lemme get this straight:

Pre-alignment, car is fine

Post-alignment, you drive at 65mph at a slight right and the car suddenly jerks to the left TWICE?

Then, you go back to the alignment place and the fix is . . . something in the electrics of the wheels?

I have no idea what the **** is going on

For your car to go in the opposite direction you are steering would require something being severely broken. the Z34 is not steer by wire - there's a mechanical linkage from steering wheel to steering rack.

Did you hear anything snap? Tire squeal? Did you feel any wierd vibrations in the steering wheel leading up to this?

I mean, from you're describing, there's only one conclusion:
Neither you nor your alignment shop know what the hell you are doing.

Solution:
Take your car to a real suspension shop (not big-o or firestone) for a full inspection and test drive

Do what that place says
Didn't notice anything after my car jerked no tire squeals and nothing snapped. I pulled over to the shoulder to see what happened but it looked fine. The reason why i came to get an alignment was because I lowered my car and it is on fortune auto coilovers. so anyways I Went back to the shop and reseted my "steer by wire" and we took for a test drive on the free way and it seem to work properly. But still dont trust it. any recommendation on suspension shops in la? and yes I'm not really knowledgeable about these kind of stuff. And I really appreciate you guys that took your time to try and help me!

Last edited by Jedz; 03-05-2018 at 11:02 PM.
Jedz is offline   Reply With Quote