View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Zthirty4NISMO
Base Member

Drives: DRKNITE
Zthirty4NISMO is on a distinguished road

So this update is long overdue. As I posted above, I picked up some polished aluminum tanks from CWorksDesign. I actually got them installed back in November before I put the Z away for the winter, but didn't take any pics until recently. I also had still been sitting on the Z1 lower overflow hose and upper/lower rad hoses since this was going to require draining the coolant anyways and I figured I'd knock them out at the same time. The install went pretty smoothly and I was impressed by how little of a mess I made when draining the coolant. It was a little work getting the old hoses off and getting the new ones on and positioned correctly so no pinching occurred. I even trimmed off the ends a little as they seemed slightly too long. I removed the power steering fluid from the old tank with a small syringe and hose attached to it. That worked really well as I got nearly all of it out and had minimal leaks/drips when disconnected. As for the new tanks, they fit into place perfectly and look great. Just beware the overflow tank is a giant heat sink and is no joke with a hot engine/coolant!

Always Dry || AROSPEED || Covercraft || CoverKing || EVO-R || Fast Intentions || FilterMag || NISMO || ONEighty || Prismatic Powders || RJM Performance || The370Z.com || Trackspec || ZSPEC Design || ZSPEED Performance || Z1 Motorsports || Panaflex Carbon Ceramic Tint
Zthirty4NISMO is offline   Reply With Quote