View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #2569 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerafian View Post
Iv gone through all the stickied wheel fitment threads and Im starting to see a trend. A lot of members talk about "you will have to run extensive camber with those specs and drop" and they arent even super aggressive. When I see and read people having -2 to around -3.5, that doesnt seem anywhere near "extensive camber" Why do a lot of members on here act like it is? I had -3 on my G35 and it hardly looked aggressive or extensive/ too much. I also go 15k miles out of my rears.

am I missing something?
How people talk about camber depends on their background, or lack thereof. Thats why a DESCRIPTION like "excessive" or "extensive" doesn't help at all. For some dumbass who has never run aftermarket suspension and only drive to the grocery store, anything other than stock is "excessive"

For a VIP car on bags, -7 is just a regular Tuesday afternoon.

Camber settings are relevant because the Z DOES NOT HAVE FRONT ADJUSTMENT. There is some range in the rear

There is some camber from raising/lowering the car, but its not within your specific control.

Camber can greatly affect wheel fitment. I have steadily maintained that with the correct combination of camber, height, fender rolling, and wheel/tire sizing, you can fit essentially everything on the Z. It has a buttload of fitment, you just have to put in the effort.

This is why adjustable arms, especially in front, are so important. SPL/Voodoo arms are fully camber AND caster adjustable, so once you have those, you've unlocked the full capability of the Z.

It's also why gauging "fit" when the car is in the air is basically worthless.