View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 02:36 PM   #2566 (permalink)
Steeles350
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z touring
Steeles350 has a reputation beyond reputeSteeles350 has a reputation beyond reputeSteeles350 has a reputation beyond reputeSteeles350 has a reputation beyond reputeSteeles350 has a reputation beyond reputeSteeles350 has a reputation beyond reputeSteeles350 has a reputation beyond reputeSteeles350 has a reputation beyond reputeSteeles350 has a reputation beyond reputeSteeles350 has a reputation beyond reputeSteeles350 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerafian View Post
only been in the car community since 2006. I know plenty of people that PREFER stock or close to ZERO camber but they had no other reason aside from "thats what I like" or "I dont want my tires to wear out quicker". Some people treat conservative camber like its hellaflush or dumped.

Maybe you're right though, even though Im 33, I dont really understand that perspective.

Though I do understand camber and its purpose
Somewhere along the lines people got it in their head that 0 camber was where it's supposed to be. never mind the fact that most cars have some camber built in from the factory. They have a skewed view of what excessive actually is. hell I've been in the nissan car game since 2000 and I'm still learning the black arts of suspension setup. but I spent enough time with autocrossers and drifters and reading about even better autocrossers and drifters setups to get a good idea of what to do. I bet those same people that PREFER 0 degree camber setups couldn't tell the difference in a 0 degree camber car and a -2 degree camber car. either in looks or in driving feel. especially on the street. As you said -2 isn't excessive especially when the high end of factory spec is -1.8. but then where does excessive start? but i think we are on the same page. My previous comment was meant in a "you aren't missing anything important" kinda way.
Steeles350 is offline   Reply With Quote