View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 10:34 AM   #98 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysilverz View Post
Yeah we simply lost power with these mods. Trust me I would have loved to have come back from my tune with rob and said I gained 10whp and was sitting at close to 330 with my build but I found myself in 306whp range after installing these parts. Again this could be a fluke. There may have been something that went wrong in the manufacturing of these parts. I'm not implying that Z1 is a bad company or that the same thing will happen to anyone else. This is simply what happened to me and my car. I hope this thread is of help to others. I wish I knew then what I know now.
Want to eco your sentiment regarding Z1. I don't post here basically because I got burned out on overstated false claims and things that frankly did not even work on these cars. (like my Cobb tuner) At one time was sponsored by a dyno shop and my personal cars have over a 1000 dyno pulls so not exactly a newbie to the game. Do my own port work on intakes but let the pro's with flow bench's do my heads.

Recently ordered some parts from Z1 and at first went well, but turned into a Chinese fire drill of incompetence. This Russ guy seems to not be able to find his *** in the dark with both hands. He tries to upsell ya on everything. Wanted to replace the shocks on my Z and Russ instead of taking the order, tried to upsell me on coil overs which I do not nor did not want. He didn't even mention they sell shocks so I ordered them from another vender. Only found out later they have the same shocks on their website.

Received double orders of the same product, etc. Much more that I won't bother to go into. The bottom line is I'm so upset with Z1 that I didn't even return the duplicate, will just sell it. Will never do business with them again.

I believe every bit that they would try and gig ya on ported intakes. Porting is a science using velocity rods and flow bench's to determine where to or to not remove material. Just polishing or smoothing does basically absolutely zero. Removing a bunch of material enlarging the diameter will reduce velocity, thus reducing power. Bunch of flakes in the hotrod business.

Denny
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote