View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 07:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingher View Post
This is an awesome build, love the time line. I actually picked up the same S/C kit around the same time as well, you actually finished the install on the day of my birthday which i thought was really neat. My goal is to hit 500 to the wheels, and I'm currently doing the Impeller Upgrade from Vortech, along with the 9lb Pulley. I'm adding the CJ fuel return system also, are there any thoughts you have on any additional tips to gain some extra ponies based on the things you've tried?
Haha hey buddy! I'm glad to hear you enjoy my post and that it helps you out as well!! Especially knowing that the day the install was completed -- was your birthday, xD
It's funny because, the day my car broke down (engine broke) is the day of my sister's birthday & Groundhog day same time!! LOL

Your goal is to hit 500 WHP?
If you want that as your end game goal, then all you would really need is: You guessed it!
1) 928 Super Vortech Pro Upgrade for the blower
2) CJM S1-SE [+] 1050x ID [+] Tuned for Flex Fuel or straight up e85 whichever floats your boat best but Sebz strongly suggests to go for the Flex Fuel tuning as he believes that's how cars should be tuned / built haha.
3) Zeitronix ZT2 sensor + gauge if running Flex Fuel

I went the other route when doing first upgrades on my vehicle as you can see in my timeline only because I wanted to have a safe car before adding tons of WHP on it in the future. I decided to do the muffler upgrade, LSD upgrade, and suspension upgrade that way I could have better handling when it comes to adding all the WHP down the road (next years' phase upgrades will be all the crazy WHP add-ons) along with the level 10 transmission upgrade and other crazy things.

If you are doing the upgrade from Vortech, I suggest you change out 3 of the pulleys (One of them being the 9psi pulley swap out that you are already doing). The other 2 pulleys being a 2.85'' if you really want to go crazy but if you want to stay safe, make it a 3.00" pulley as well as a 3.47" pulley (As my theoretical list suggests) -- I have done extensive research on pulley size combinations and what works / what doesn't work based on successful high HP builds I have seen and read about. One of them being Evan's (StillenZ84 user on this forum)

The things I tried so far doesn't necessarily gain HP, but it helps with launches from a full stop to a WOT launch (IE: Quaife LSD & KW-V3 Suspension)*

I love taking off from 0 - whatever and so that's why I went that route first, also it makes the car a lot safer

Last edited by cupcakez; 03-03-2018 at 07:43 PM.
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote