View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 06:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest2300 View Post
ok fellas, here's an update.

So I sent my calipers to Mr. Rusty, with new rebuild kits from Z1. Mr. Rusty did a phenomenal job rebuilding the calipers. At his recommendation, I replaced all the bleeder screws, and added all new hardware kits for each caliper. After a few days, I received the rebuilt calipers, I cleaned up the brake pads and reinstalled everything.. while waiting for calipers, I had ordered then installed new stainless steel brake lines from Z1. I then installed the calipers back on the Z.

I know this is anal retentive but I wrapped (the black plastic tubing thats cut down the middle) the brake lines just for an extra layer of protection.

Today, I rechecked the stop lamp fuse (drivers footwell) and the ABS actuator fuse (near the battery) both were good to go. I also checked the brake switch sensor located on the brake pedal, comparing its position (counting the threads protruding out the bottom) to Mr. Madwi's Z.. to my amazement, his sensor was approximately 2.5 threads out the bottom which is normal, compared to mine, I had at least 10 to 13 threads showing below the base that holds the sensor in place. which means, my sensor was sitting wayyyy below where it should have been.

I ended up pulling the brake switch sensor out, disconnecting it, then figuring out how it actually locks into place.. long story short, its in the exact same position as like Mr. Madwi's Z.

So tomorrow, I'll finally get the brakes bled and see where we stand. Fellas, thank you so much for your help and insight. I honestly owe you all a cold beer down at ZDAYZ.
Congrats bud. Keep us posted how the new brakes feel.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote