View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 08:19 PM   #117 (permalink)
Buzzkill247
Base Member

Drives: 16 370z KAD GunM 7AT
Buzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzkill247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsZ View Post
My question is, and I already think I know the answer... But if doing this mod at the parking light bulb harness behind the headlight, then for all practical purposes, if I shut the car off then turn it back on (with the hand break on), then the DRL's should stay off just like stock until I release the hand break. Correct?
Yes. If headlights are off and parking brake pulled, DRL stay off

Quote:
That's the way I would prefer it to be. Sometimes I like to sit in the car with the engine running with the DRL's off.
... Orange Blvd time eh?

Quote:
BTW, the way I want to do this mod is the same as that of the iJDM kit. Installation Guide for Nissan 370Z LED DRL Enable Kit
Ok, so looking at that mod, I would not do this without a diode in place. The tap between the parking light and DRL should have a diode to prevent the DRL from powering the parking light during non-headlight usage.
The relay that engages DRL disengages power when headlights/parking lights turn on. Without a diode, you feeding power back into the parking light circuit because you are tapping in after relay
IPDM method does not allow for turning off unless at a switch, but does not risk circuit jumping either

Last edited by Buzzkill247; 03-02-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Buzzkill247 is offline   Reply With Quote