View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 11:13 AM   #47 (permalink)
StevenSlice
Track Member

Drives: Like an idiot
StevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond repute

So lots of pictures from a fun weekend! Ive been like dying all week after getting back with no will to do anything so thats a plus.

So for starters, this was my first time ever at buttonwillow, and only the second track day in the Z.

We started off the day with a 2.12, no prior experience and still learning the car honestly. Even on just the first session i knew the day was going to be a long one with the open diff. Every corner exit it was super sloppy and just wanted to slide out and act weird.

I pushed harder and harder and by mid day i set the fastest time of my day, because after i set it there was lunch break and the track became hot and became a tad greasy.

We set a 2.07.3XX(I forgot to take a picture of the time sheet fr an exact time )

I helped push friends who have been there multiple times to 2.07-2.08 from their 2.10 PBs, because i was pressuring them from behind and having a blast doing it.

The only corner i could take with authority, which was the corner everyone else thought id struggle with because of lack of track experience and the open diff, was Phil Hill. I made so much ground there on every other car in Intermediate with me.

Side note: Was the fastest intermediate classed car without aero, so thats a plus.

Was a fun day with friends, learned a lot, and now i need to take a break from tracking to get some setup things sorted out. I Need a LSD. My driving style with an open diff is a bad combo.

After the track day, i stayed on a friends couch instead of going home so we could hang out in Los Angeles and take photos.

My car is not photogenic by any means yet, thanks to the previous owner the paint is totally ruined. Faded / Chipped / Scratched, you name it, its there.