View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 12:18 AM   #34 (permalink)
xsamis
Base Member

Drives: 2011 nissan 370z
xsamis is on a distinguished road

Im super late to the party but for anyone who read the thread and cant decide what to get/were to go im going to chime my 2 cents in and you can pick what pad works best for you, look at the material of the pad istead of the brand/what the company is feeding you cuz its usually bs
Street application: 2 options i would consider
1- semi-metallics -these spot better/harder then ceramics IF the pad you buy is reputable, semi-metallics always bite harder and stop harder then ceramics of the same price, sometimes cheaper semi pads can stop better then ceramic pads that cost $50+ more, the issue is INSANE break dust, i had white wheels, drove 20 minutes with semi's and had black wheels lol, but their street kings.
2- ceramic/carbon ceramic- ceramics are usually quiet, generallly last longer and have lower break dust, they do not stop as hard as semi-metalics but if you want a pad that u dont want to change every so often/are lazy, pic ceramic, carbon ceramics are tight because they have the same property's of a ceramic pad, BUT the carbon ceramics bite is better when its in its operating temp, aka, doesnt like the cold, will hear squeeking usually, lower dust then semi, but higher then ceramic, also carbon ceramics are usually harder on your rotor
Now you decide lol, ebc has each material im pretty sure, so does stop tech and Hawk, Project Mu B-force will be my next pad, because im a spirited street driver (:
xsamis is offline   Reply With Quote